Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mom's Evil Plan At Sehri

"Naya Kalashankof Nishana DHAZZ DHAZZ bajda!" Sounds of gunshots are heard along with the song which is actually the annoying alarm set on my cell phone.
"Oh My God! Not again. Muzna and her terrible alarm clock. Its everytime and it annoys me so much especially the sound of the gunshot. One day I'll shoot her and her alarm clock myself." She wakes up at 5am everyday in the month of Ramadan. Wondering what meal the kids would have for sehri. Her eyes are always swollen and it seems from the look on her face that it annoys her to look at the kids sleeping just like that and not get up to help her cook. But then I never do. My sister Sana does and my cousin Zeeshan. I never have the stamina of getting up at 5am and eating. And this is exactly what my mom does to me:
"Muzna, Muzna, Muzna, MUZNA, MUZNAAAA, MUUZZZNNAAAA!!!" Poking me and tickling me because she knows thats the only way I get up. Its the most irritating way to wake up your child."Muzna, if you don't get up right now and drink your water, I am going to throw it on you and trust me GOD will be very happy then." I opened my eyes and drank the water quickly otherwise she would've planned on throwing the entire bucket on me.Then I lay down and slept back again. I hear another voice later on "Muzna, its time to pray, get up." I keep shoving her hand but she still kept on poking on me. "I think it's time I wake you up in a proper manner," her evil smile made me curious because I knew she was upto something very strange but get this I actually ignored it. Suddenly, I felt the flood of water pulling me towards it and when I'm crying for help, no one is listening to my voice. I open my eyes and I notice my lovely mother threw ice cold water on me to wake me up. "Now God and I both are very happy." She smiled and went back to sleep leaving me all wet on my bed.

No comments: